Friday, September 16, 2022

"PERSPECTIVES" HAS RETURNED!

 

Greetings! It has been some time since I sent out my blog/newsletter “Perspectives” to interested parties. “Perspectives” was the blog I created for my virtual (Internet-only) Museum of Family History, which was created to honor and preserve the memory of our Jewish ancestors for the present and future generations. I mostly have been posting to my many Facebook groups and pages, which I thought would reach the greatest number of people. However, now I think I will be reviving my newsletter/blog and will be once again adding interesting articles and exhibitions to my online Museum of Family History, so I hope you will be willing to receive them.

I imagine that many of the e-mails I have on my current list will no longer be viable, but if you are receiving this, I will be sending out notices periodically to notify Perspective list members about what is new. Certainly, if you’re no longer interested in receiving these updates, please let me know by sending me such a message with your name and e-mail address.

I have recently become an Amazon Affiliate, and because of this, I will also be including with some articles and exhibitions links back to Amazon that you can use to buy a book, e.g., if you wish. So I get credit for any sale, please use the link that I provide. Here is a link to my “Yiddish Vinkl Bookstore” page that you can read and see if you find a book that you like: https://www.museumoffamilyhistory.com/yiddish-vinkl.htm.

Are you interested in Yiddish theatre? On the front page of my Museum of Family History website, you will find a link to my Museum of the Yiddish theatre website, where you will find many interesting online exhibitions, etc. Or you can use its own link: https://www.moyt.org.

For those of you from Brooklyn, New York, or those who have an interest in Brooklyn, the Museum of Family History has created its own “branch,” which is dedicated to Brooklyn. You will be able to read about Brooklyn in its heyday, its people and its places, e.g. Coney Island. I was born in the East New York section of Brooklyn, so this part of Brooklyn (as well as nearby Brownsville) is heavily featured in this “branch.” “The Museum of Family History Comes to Brooklyn.” You can read about many Brooklynites who “made it big,” many of whom went to my mother’s alma mater, Thomas Jefferson High School, which was located on Pennsylvania Avenue in Brooklyn, e.g. Danny Kaye and Steve Lawrence (both didn’t graduate!), Shelley Winters and more. You can find this section of the museum at: https://www.museumoffamilyhistory.com/brooklyn/fp.htm.

What would you like in future online exhibitions? Please let me know by writing to me at steve@museumoffamilyhistory.com.

Lastly, you are welcome to join most any of my Facebook pages:

Museum of Family History
Museum of the Yiddish Theatre
Yiddish Music
Yiddish Films
World of the Jewish Writer (join the group, not the page)
The Immortal Al Jolson
Brooklyn’s Thomas Jefferson High School (you can only join here if you attended Jeff or if a blood relative did.)
Please also visit the museum’s Site Map page to see what the site contains. You can find it at
https://www.museumoffamilyhistory.com/sm.htm

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment